Don’t Let Sleep Apnea Affect Your Health
Causes Of Sleep Apnea
Obstructive Sleep Apnea occurs when the tongue is stuck against the back of the throat blocking the upper airway causing air flow to stop. Obstructive Sleep Apnea is a very common chronic disorder that may create respiratory or cardiovascular complications if left untreated.
Signs that you may have Obstructive Sleep Apnea are:
- Snore loudly
- Gasp for air or pause breathing during sleep
- Feel sleepy during the day and sometimes fall asleep at inappropriate times
- Wake up more than 2 times a night to use the bathroom.
- If you are more than 30 pounds over weight with a large neck size.
Customized Sleep Apnea Appliances
You may know people who use CPAP machines for sleep apnea. They’re a safe and reliable way to treat this serious condition. But there is a less invasive alternative that might work for you. A customized oral appliance crafted by Dr. David Miller can:
- Help your airway stay open by carefully keeping your jaw in an appropriate position.
- Assist in giving you a restful night of sleep – and those who have been kept awake by your snoring!
- Treat symptoms like a habitual dry mouth and sore throat.
- Allow you to stay awake during the day.
- Reduce your risk of high blood pressure and other dangerous conditions.
The MediByte® is a small device that records your body's level of snoring and sleep apnea. The MediByte® consists of the MediByte® recorder, one or two belts, related cables and accessories.
A snoring appliance is an oral appliance that resembles an athletic mouthpiece. Small and flexible, it has no moving parts, masks, hoses, or batteries. Generally made from sterile plastic it is easy to clean with a regular toothbrush.
Custom fit by a dentist in one simple, painless visit. Fit to the patient's teeth to keep the upper and lower jaw in position when the jaw and throat muscles relax during sleep. This keeps the airway open providing restful, quiet sleep.
Get a proper diagnosis and treatment
Those benefits don’t just include an improvement in your sleep and your general mood. With treatment, you can reduce your risk of developing several health complications like:
- Heart Problems