Get A Beautiful New Smile With Dental Implants in RosevilleDr. David Miller on Dental Implants Read Transcript
When patients are missing one or more teeth, one of the choices that we have are dental implants. The dental implants are basically an artificial root that's embedded in the bone and the bone grows in around it, just like a natural groove would be there. These are typically made out of titanium, which is very biocompatible material. I have titanium in both of my knees, so it's commonly used inside the human body without any harmful effects.
If a patient has a missing tooth, let's say in the back or in the front where there's adjacent teeth to it, your choices are to replace this using a bridge, which is basically capping the adjacent teeth and having a replacement tooth attached on it, but you can also have a dental implant placed.
Dental implants have been around long enough now in common uses that we're starting to get long-term results for them. It turns out that in every dental bridge, life expectancy is thirteen to fifteen years and the life expectancy of the single tooth implant is twenty plus years.
Generally, if you make it through the first six to twelve months after the implant's placed with no complications or side effects from it or problems with it, you're going to keep the implant in there working healthy for the rest of your life. It's permanent tooth replacement.
Dental implants are a great way to replace your smile authentically and reliably. When you choose Advanced Dental Concepts for your implant placement and restoration, you know your smile and safety are in good hands. As a Roseville, CA dentist who takes a holistic approach, Dr. David Miller has the scientific and artistic skills necessary to protect your health and appearance throughout the entire implant process – from planning to placement to restoration. When it’s complete, you’ll be dazzled by the results:
- A younger-looking, more attractive smile and overall appearance
- Access to tough or crunchy food you couldn’t enjoy before
- A steep increase in your self-esteem and self-confidence
If you long for the chance to bite into a fresh apple or juicy pear from a PlacerGROWN Farmers’ Market, call us now at 916-786-4865 to see how we can help your smile – and your stomach!
Choose The Best Tooth Replacement For Your Smile
You may not need a full set of dental implants. That doesn’t mean you aren’t a candidate for some form of them to replace any part of your smile that needs it. Our dental office provides several choices so that you can customize your treatment to what you want and need:
- Traditional dental implants are restored with one dental crown per implant. Our CEREC system will digitally measure your mouth and create perfect-looking and -fitting crowns. Most people won’t even know they aren’t your real teeth.
- Implant-supported dentures and implant-retained dentures combine the security of implants with the convenience of removable dentures. In most cases, you can take them out for cleaning, and when they’re in your mouth, they won’t ever slip.
Enjoy A Comprehensive Approach To Placement And Restoration
“Holistic” isn’t just a buzzword for our dental office. Our whole-body focus guides us to provide thoughtful, detailed care for every step of the process. While many dentists would refer you to an oral surgeon to have implants placed, Dr. David Miller can complete the entire procedure right in our dental office. From root to crown, you’ll have his skillful hands crafting your beautiful new smile. You won’t have to worry about any gaps in care or communication.
The dental implant procedure is a multistep process:
- Dr. David Miller will place a titanium root in your jaw, which will fuse with your jawbone. That’s why dental implants have nearly the same strength as your natural teeth.
- He’ll then attach a special connector to the implant called an abutment.
- On top of the abutment goes the dental restoration. We have several choices of restoration, and Dr. David Miller will consult with you to choose the right one.
And that’s it! You’ll have a natural-looking tooth replacement that will last a long time, if not a lifetime.
Call Advanced Dental Concepts today at 916-786-4865 to book a consultation with Dr. David Miller to see if dental implants are the smile replacement solution you need.