Investing In Your Future With Dental Implants
Part of why you’re successful is because you understand the value of an investment. Yes, it costs money right now. In the future, though, it can save you more than you paid. It can also give benefits that are hard to put a figure on. Happiness, confidence, and self-esteem are all valuable without having a price tag.
Call us today at 916-945-9985. When you are missing teeth, replacing them with dental implants is a real investment. But why are dental implant procedures considered an investment? There are three reasons. It helps your whole body stay healthy, saving money on health care costs. It saves you money on dental care. And it provides a boost to your confidence and self-esteem.
Dental Implants Save On Future Health Costs
- You can eat healthy foods once again. When you are missing teeth, it’s harder to chew tough foods. Some foods, like corn on the cob, can be very hard to eat, never mind chew. The same is true for hard fruits like apples and pears, as well as carrots, bagels, nuts, and more. When you have a full set of teeth, you can get back to eating and chewing normally again. This means you can eat healthy foods.
- You protect against tooth decay and gum disease in that space and surrounding it. When you eat with a gap in your smile, small particles of food can get trapped in the space. The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease live off those food particles. That means you’re more likely to have oral or overall health problems down the road. Gum disease in particular can spread throughout your body.
- You prevent bone loss underneath that space. Your jawbone expects to have roots from teeth in it. Without such roots, the bone tissue starts to deteriorate. Your bone actually gets weaker. Dental implants use an artificial root made of titanium, a metal your body will not reject. Once the artificial root is placed in the jawbone, it helps keep the bone tissue there healthy.
Saving On Future Dental Care Costs
- You won’t have to buy special cleaners or dental adhesives. Some dental treatments require extra care. For example, dentures often need a special adhesive to be able to stick to your gums. A dental bridge might need a special tool to thread floss underneath so food doesn’t collect there. Dental implants do not require anything out of the ordinary to stay clean. That means you won’t have to spend money (or time) on extra dental supplies.
- You won’t need to replace it anytime soon. Nothing lasts forever, but dental implants come close. Other ways or replacing lost teeth can need to be redone every so often. Dental bridges, for example, might not last more than 10 years. Then you’ll have to pay to get another bridge put in. By getting dental implants, you get a treatment that could last your whole life.
- You won’t need extra work because of the implants. Other methods to replace your teeth can require extra dental work. A regular dental bridge requires two dental crowns, one on each neighboring tooth, to hold it in place. Those neighboring teeth also must be shaved down to fit the crowns. Dentures rest on your gums and can irritate them. With dental implants, there’s nothing else that needs to be done — just the work to put them in, then you’re done.
Investing In Confidence And Self-Esteem
- You will know that you look better. Self-esteem is tricky. There are so many things that can impact it. If you get a bad haircut, you’ll quickly feel less confident and sure of yourself. The opposite is also true. When you get a great haircut, you’ll quickly feel confident and assure. Dental implants give you back a healthy, beautiful smile. Suddenly, your confidence and self-esteem start to rise.
- Your face and mouth will look normal. Even if you try to hide them, missing teeth can often be noticed. Your lips and face might not look the same since your teeth add to the shape of both. If you’ve ever seen someone without their dentures, you know what that looks like. Even adding just one dental implant can help you look normal.
Dental implants are a great investment in your future. Call us today at 916-945-9985 or use our convenient online form to see how implant dentistry from our Roseville, CA dental office will help you save money, improve your health, and boost your confidence.