5 Issues Replacing Teeth With Dental Implants Can Prevent
If you have a missing tooth or multiple missing teeth, you should call Advanced Dental Concepts at 916-945-9985 to find out how dental implants can help you regain your confident bite and prevent several other issues you might not expect!
At our Roseville, CA dentist office, Dr. David Miller and our professional team offer a wide variety of restorative dentistry options so you can:
- Regain your ability to eat the crunchy or chewy foods you love in comfort
- Grin wide and proud when you’re taking group portraits or “selfies”
- Better your overall health by chewing food more thoroughly and improving your digestion
- Boost your self-esteem
Whether you need to replace just one tooth or you require a whole new set of pearly whites, we have you covered! Here are some of the options we can restore dental implants with:
- Dental crowns to fill the spaces left by individual teeth
- Dental bridges to literally bridge the gap created by multiple adjacent missing teeth
- Dentures to substitute for a full arch of teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both
- All-on-4 dental implants or All-on-6 dental implants which restore a full arch of teeth using just four or six dental implants
Get Dental Implants To Avoid Problems Caused By Missing Teeth
If you have teeth that are damaged beyond repair or teeth that are already missing, you have several options for repairing your smile. Compared to other tooth replacement options, dental implants offer many advantages because they:
- Can restore your bite power to up to 90 percent of what it was originally
- Function, feel, and look just like your natural chompers
- Help you avoid a “sunken in” look by preventing jawbone deterioration
- Do not necessitate any preparation of surrounding healthy teeth to be placed
- Can last a very long time or even a lifetime with proper care
In case you didn’t know, dental implants can also help you avoid many other dental problems.
For one thing, by replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant, you can prevent your surrounding teeth from shifting out of place. Having a gap in your smile is bad enough, but without addressing this issue, your remaining teeth will start to look uneven and lead to an irregular bite as well.
If you don’t replace a missing tooth, you will also involuntarily put undue stress on your remaining teeth, causing them to become damaged, come loose, or even fall out. But with dental implants, you can fill gaps in your smile and help preserve your other teeth!
Without a tooth covering a space in your gums, food particles can become trapped there. But by getting a dental implant, you can help prevent gum disease and tooth decay on your other teeth.
Since dental implants literally fuse to your jawbone through a process called osseointegration and replace your natural tooth roots, they also help you avoid jawbone deterioration. This effect was mentioned above for its cosmetic perk, but keeping your jaw healthy and strong can also thwart further tooth loss.
Finally, because your upper or lower teeth will not fit together as they normally would following the loss of a tooth, you could potentially develop or worsen a TMJ disorder. If you get a dental implant substitute though, you could hinder the development of jaw-related problems.
Get Dental Implants In Comfort
Regardless of what type of dental implant treatment you receive, our friendly team will do everything we can to make your visit as pleasant as possible.
So you’ll know what to expect, we will review the steps of your planned dental implant procedure with you and answer any questions you have.
To ensure your comfort, we will numb your mouth with an anesthetic before we get to work. If you are feeling anxious, we can also help put you at ease with dental sedation options, such as:
- Nitrous oxide, more commonly known as “laughing gas,” which takes effect and wears off very quickly
- Oral conscious sedation, which you will take before your appointment so you’ll arrive feeling relaxed
- NuCalm, which uses noise-dampening headphones, an eye mask, small patches behind your ears, and a cream or supplement to prevent the release of adrenaline or other sensory stressors
If there’s anything we can do to calm your nerves, just let us know!
Don’t let a bad situation get worse – replace your missing teeth with dental implants at Advanced Dental Concepts! Call 916-945-9985, stop by our conveniently located Roseville, CA dentist office in person, or use our handy online form to ask us questions or schedule your consultation.