3 Major Benefits Of Dental Implants
It can be a daunting situation to face when you have to replace a severely damaged or missing tooth. You want to make the right choice for your smile and don’t know what that is. If you’d like to learn a little more about why dental implants are the right choice for getting your strong bite and beautiful smile back, call Advanced Dental Concepts in Roseville, CA at 916-945-9985.
With the help of our professional team, Dr. David Miller can place and restore dental implants at our conveniently located Roseville, CA dentist office so you don’t have to waste time driving between a dentist and an oral surgeon specialist. Dr. Miller has over three and a half decades of experience helping patients:
- Regain their confidence so they can smile wide when it’s time to say “cheese” for the camera
- Eat their favorite foods again, including juicy steaks, roasted corn-on-the-cob, and chewy bagels
- Chew and digest food more thoroughly so they can boost their overall health
- Speak, smile, and eat normally again
Depending on your particular case, we can attach a variety of restorative dentistry options to dental implants, including:
- Dental crowns, which replace individual teeth
- Dental bridges, which can restore multiple, adjacent teeth
- All-on-4 dental implants or All-on-6 dental implants, which use only four or six implants to attach a full arch of teeth
- Dental implant dentures, which give back all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both
We offer several tooth replacement services and can discuss your options with you and answer any questions you have so you can make an informed decision. But compared to other restorative procedures, dental implants offer many advantages because they can:
- Help you preserve your healthy jawbone so you can avoid a “sunken-in” look
- Replace up to 90 percent of the chewing power of your natural chompers
- Last a lifetime with proper care
- Look, feel, and function like your natural teeth
- Replace particular teeth without requiring any preparation of healthy teeth like dental bridges do
Did you just look back up at the title of this blog, thinking “Wait, I thought this was going to be about three perks of dental implants? That’s five!” Well, consider the bulleted list above a bonus and continue reading for an expansion on three other advantages of dental implants!
Treat Yourself To The Dental Implant Difference
While there are other restorative options you could choose to replace damaged or missing teeth, dental implants are a great investment because they are incredibly durable and long-lasting.
While a dental bridge may be more affordable initially, it will eventually need to be replaced. But with good oral hygiene and regular visits to Advanced Dental Concepts for professional dental cleanings and exams, a dental implant can last for decades or even the rest of your life!
You may be wondering what “good oral hygiene” means when it comes to dental implants. Well, that’s one of the other benefits of dental implants – they are easy to care for and can be treated just like your natural teeth! To keep your dental implants healthy, all you need to do is:
- Brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste at least twice a day
- Floss at least once daily
- Use a mouthwash or rinse if recommended
Because dental implants literally fuse with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration, they also help to prevent jawbone deterioration so you can look younger for longer! The posts of dental implants that replace your natural tooth roots are made from titanium, which is biocompatible and completely safe for you.
If you do get dental implants from our Roseville, CA office, we will do everything we can to make your experience as patient-centered as possible. For your comfort, we will numb your mouth with an anesthetic before we begin. To help relieve your dental anxiety, we can also provide dental sedation options and various comfort items, such as:
- Warm blankets
- Beverages from our refreshment area
- Soft pillows
We also open early on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 a.m. to fit your busy schedule.
To speed up the process of replacing teeth, we have invested in an in-house CEREC milling machine to make dental crowns and bridges with.
Replace your damaged or missing teeth with the next best thing to your natural pearly whites! Call Advanced Dental Concepts at 916-945-9985 for a dental implants consultation today! You can also swing by our Roseville, CA dentist office in person or use our handy online form to schedule or ask questions.